Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Completed Pieces - Art Elements Theme - Forest


If you read our post for the May Art Elements Theme - Forest you saw mom and I didn't complete our piece for the month. Well, I think mom and I made up for it by making eight different pieces - which I am really happy with.

So - here you go:


A picture of all the pieces we made together. I still can't get over how many pieces we ended up making - it also helps the pieces will be part of our two day show this coming weekend. The show is Arts in the Park, Danville, IL.




The necklace we ended up making is one of our enameled copper "Guardian of the Woods" pendants (we have a few still for sell in the Etsy store). I then made lampwork glass beads to go in the necklace (the base color is red with frit on top - these are mom's favorite beads). Mom sawed out a bunch of copper leaf pendants that I then used crackle enamel on to get the blue/green colors of the pendants. I love how this necklace turned out!






Mom and I then made bracelets with Viking Knit that we had weaved in the past and just have not used in any jewelry yet. Mom assembled the bracelets as I did a marathon enameling session this past weekend - we had a lot of bowls to enamel and the pendant for June's Art Elements Theme - Selkies. We are actually ahead of the game on this month's challenge.


We also made a set of earrings out of a pair of leaves that the holes filled up at the bottom. I hate when the holes fill up - but this time it actually worked in our favor.



The last two bracelets we used the leaf pendants, our lampwork glass beads, sterling silver spacers, seed beads and a sterling silver clasp.

I hope you enjoyed what mom and I ended up creating for the Art Element's Theme - Forests. Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...